Ok! I have successfully branched out! Yesterday I followed this tutorial
for an adorable pillowcase dress for my cousin’s baby! Then, I followed this tutorial
for a super cute fabric flower for the headband!
Here come the pictures!
I think I have pinned one pleat, but I didn't have it quite right at first, so I had to correct it.
The dress right side out, with pleats pinned in place. I also had the armholes finished at this point.
I then pinned on my homemade bias tape (I made my bias tape out of scraps from the pillowcase).
Pause to nurse Z, and take a picture of my tremendous messiness. Seriously. I'm like a toddler.
The back of the dress, nearly finished...just need to find a button...
The front of the dress is done.
I stole this button from a jacket that I haven't worn in years...considering reworking it into a sport coat for my 1 1/2 year old nephew...
The finished full back.
The headband. Find tutorial link for the flower above.
Close-up of the flower. So easy, so fun!
Okay. I have to go get my baby who is waking up from her nap.
Someday I will post photos of my sunshine skirt…